Youth of the Year Award 2015
12 October 2015
Do you know someone aged 16-25 who has transformed their life for the better, with the support of a youth worker, volunteer or mentor? Nominate them now for Youth of the Year 2015!
We are looking for inspirational young people who have shown the courage and determination to overcome adversity and achieve their goals. No matter what that goal is, if they have worked hard to achieve it, and succeeded against the odds, then we want to hear about it!
Here are some examples of the kind of successes we think are worth celebrating:
- Successfully completing education despite being a young carer
- Overcoming alcohol or drug addiction and working to support others to do the same
- Starting a successful business despite having English as a second language
- Re-entering education or training after overcoming a family trauma
- Securing a part time job after becoming a young parent
There are many other inspiring stories like these, so please nominate a young person today and show them how much you value their achievement.
One young person from each of the five nations – England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland - will receive a Youth of the Year Award 2015, including:
Youth of the Year Awards Celebration at Buckingham Palace:
- Award certificate presented by HRH Princess Anne
- Exclusive three course dinner at Buckingham Palace
- Transport to and from London
- One nights accommodation in a London hotel
National recognition of their achievement and generous prizes:
- £250 Amazon voucher for the young person
- £750 grant for the supporting youth group to help develop their work
Nominate or apply now.
Youth of the Year 2015 is a UK Youth initiative supported by Microsoft and delivered in partnership with Youth Cymru, Youth Scotland, Youth Work Ireland, and Youth Action Northern Ireland. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted by the appropriate nation partner who will be responsible for selecting the national winner in their area.
When completing the application form, please include as much detail as possible about the young person you are nominating and the youth group they are a part of. If you have any questions about any part of the form, please contact Catherine Hellewell at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02031 373 818.
Closing date: 22 October.