Dynamic Youth Awards
The Dynamic Youth Awards recognise the achievements of young people aged 10 to 14 years.
Moderation and Assessment
Before completed Dynamic Youth Awards can be submitted for certification they must go through a formal process of quality assurance.
The Quality Assurance Process
Although self and peer assessment is an ongoing and integral part of the award process, completed awards must be formally quality assured. This is a requirement of the Awarding Body that externally accredits the awards and a condition of the SCQF (Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework) credit rating and levelling.
There are three stages in the formal quality assurance process
1. Assessment by the Award Group Worker
2. Internal Verification by an independent Verifier, not involved in the direct delivery
3. External Verification at a national level by a panel of practitioners
To facilitate the quality assurance process Youth Scotland have developed a Quality Assurance Tool (at the bottom on this page). This Tool records all the information required to print certificates (allowing sampling of submissions) and provides a record of each stage of the quality assurance process as required by the Awarding Body. For more information on quality assuring the Awards click here QA Process Page
How to submit Dynamic Youth Award for Certification
When completed Awards have successfully gone through the first two stages of the quality assurance process, they are sent to Youth Scotland for the third and final stage of quality assurance, External Verification, and printing of certificates. The following procedure should be followed;
1. Email the completed Quality Assurance Tool to email@example.com
2. Await a confirmation email from Youth Scotland. You will receive this within 2 working days. You will be advised of any incomplete or missing information and sample requested, if appropriate.
3. When you have received a confirmation email from Youth Scotland, print a copy of the ‘Candidate List’ from the Quality Assurance Tool.
4. Securely package the submission. You must include the printed ‘Candidate List’ as well as all Challenge Sheets and Personal Portfolios (or the sample requested)
5. Courier the securely packaged submission or post it using ‘Recorded Delivery’ to: Awards, Youth Scotland, Balfour House, 19 Bonnington Grove, Edinburgh, EH6 4BL
6. Your submission will be processed and returned within 6 weeks of receipt.
External Moderation Dates
You can find a link to the External Moderation Dates here.
| Date created: Tue 08 Nov 2016 | File Size: 1439 kb | File Time: 209 seconds @ 56 kbps