Changing Lives through Youth Work’ is our ambitious 2016-2019 strategy for young people; youth workers; community based youth work; partnership working; and sustainability. It builds on our long history; consolidates and develops the successes achieved in recent years and especially in delivering the Strategic Priorities of 2013 – 2016.
…to assist young people in Scotland to be confident, resilient and ready to reach their full potential; the charity will aim to achieve this by supporting a network of youth groups and delivering services which help young people to learn, succeed and make positive contributions to their communities.
Mission and Strategic Aims
The organisation aims to:
- Support young people to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors in their youth groups and communities
- Deliver more choices and opportunities for young people by increasing the effectiveness of those who work with them, particularly voluntary and part-time youth workers
- Improve the life chances of young people by sustaining and developing strong and resilient community based youth work
- Build our reputation for high quality, effective and efficient services and continue to work in partnership with others to generate innovative responses to new challenges
- Build efficient and effective systems to maintain good practice in all aspects of the management of a national youth work organisation