Youth Scotland’s Dynamic Youth Awards are a fun and engaging way to recognise and accredit young people’s achievements.
Dynamic Youth Awards (DYA) externally quality assured by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and are credit rated on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) where they sit at level 3.
The awards follow a plan-do-review process, which enables young people to more effectively recognise and articulate their learning and achievements within different contexts. This increases their self-esteem, improves motivation and keeps young people engaged with learning.
Through self and peer assessment young people develop skills for learning, life and work. The awards fully support the aims, values, purpose and implementation of the youth work outcomes and the Curriculum for Excellence.
Youth Scotland’s Dynamic Youth Awards provide a simple framework to support quality work with young people. They offer recognition and accreditation for young peoples’ achievements and are easy to use and incorporate into existing or planned activities.
Best of all, DYA can be delivered in a range of settings including youth and community projects, schools and colleges.
How can you get started?
To find out how to register for the DYA click here, to order challenge sheets click here or to read our guidelines click here. You can read more about the award below.
Features of the Dynamic Youth Awards
The Dynamic Youth Awards
- Are for young people age 10+
- Have a minimum 5 hours of time commitment
- Have 5 levels based on the young person’s cumulative hours
- Can be incorporated into existing or planned activities
- Can be used in a range of settings
- Are inclusive and suitable for young people with a range of interests and abilities
- Are externally quality assured by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
- Are credit rated on the SCQF where they sit at level 3
- Help to evidence youth work outcomes
- Support the aims, values, purpose and implementation of Curriculum for Excellence
- Schools gain Insight tariff points for pupils who have completed a DYA
- Costs £6 per candidate plus group registration fee