Big Ideas Weekend is an event for young people, young leaders, volunteers and workers to learn new skills, network, share ideas and to celebrate the impact of youth work.
The biggest weekend in youth work, Big Ideas Weekend, is all about engaging, inspiring and empowering young people and youth workers to take the lead in their local communities. This residential weekend comprises an action-packed programme of fun and engaging workshops for young people and a separate workshop list for workers to ignite new ideas and gain new experiences.
Join our celebration of young people and experience an event which is young people led and which showcases youth work's talents and skills!
Who is it for?
For young people, young leaders, volunteers and workers to learn new skills, network and share ideas to celebrate the impact of youth work. Featuring a fantastic choice of over 20 workshops, to empower action through new ideas, tools and resources.
The Big Ideas Weekend is most suited for:
> Young People (12-17yrs)
> Workers/Leaders (18yrs+)
Young People aged (16+) can self-book onto the event.
Young people aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult youth worker/volunteer.
Youth Workers will follow their own training programme during the day, but will be responsible for their young people outwith the formal sessions and during joint evening sessions.
Pricing and booking
> Date: Saturday 27 September/Sunday 28 September
> Venue: University of Stirling
Member Weekend Rate £90.00
Non-Member Weekend Rate £120.00
Member Day Delegate (Sat&Sun) £50.00
Non-Member Day Delegate (Sat&Sun) £70.00
Extra Friday Night Booking* £60.00
- Big Ideas Weekend is a no alcohol event for all participants.
- Residential Guests must remain onsite at all times.
- Youth Scotland consent forms must be used in addition to your own and returned no later than 48 hours before the event.
- Young people under 16 years must be accompanied by a youth worker/volunteer as part of a youth group.
- Please note any bookings made after 30 July will be Non-refundable, however, substitutions can be made.
You can view the Big Ideas Weekend workshop choices, programme and make your booking on our Eventbrite listing here