What is Inspire 2022?
Taking inspiration from the tenth anniversary of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Inspire 2022 is a youth-led, events-based social action programme which uses national events as a springboard for young people to design positive activities for their own communities, bridging community divides and giving young people a voice in a year of national celebration.
Delivered in Scotland by Youth Scotland, it is funded by £1.2m from Spirit of 2012 and £500,000 from the #iwill Fund (a joint investment between The National Lottery Community Fund and Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport), and designed in partnership with Local Trust.
Who can get involved?
We are looking for teams of 6-8 young people (aged 11-25) to get involved from Youth Scotland member groups. Groups have the option of having more than one team of 6-8 young people if they like.
If you are not yet a member group of Youth Scotland, you can join quickly and easily for only £55!
Inspire 2022 is an events based social action project led by young people for their communities. The inspiration behind Inspire 2022 is the tenth anniversary of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games where a promise was made to Inspire a Generation. Youth Scotland will support young people from our member groups to pitch for, design and create their own social action events!
The young people can be inspired by one of the events happening this year, for example Commonwealth Games, Scotland’s Year of Stories, International Women’s Day.
- Teams can apply for up to £800 to run an event that will benefit their community.
- Teams are made up of 6-8 young people aged 11-25.
- Teams will be supported by training from Youth Scotland on events planning, project design and optional leadership, team building and communication training.
- Teams will also have the option to complete a Dynamic Youth Award
- There is also an access fund, to support any young person who needs something extra (for example a translator, transport, large print resources).
How does it work?
- Youth Scotland and the group meet either online or face to face for training and activities (one or two sessions) and by the end will have decided on the event that will be run, what it’s been inspired by and who it will be for.
- The group will work out who will do what role, and how much money the event will cost and what it’s outcomes will be.
- The Youth Scotland trainer will help the group write a pitch and present to a panel. The panel decide if they think your event will work, or if any changes are needed.
- The panel will sign it off and then the group will write an expression of interest form to just outline exactly what the money will be used for and what the timelines will be.
- Youth Scotland send the money! It can go to the group bank account or there’s the option of a prepaid card.
- The group plans the event and delivers it! Youth Scotland can help where needed – for example with problem solving or promotion.
How and when do we get started?
Inspire 2022 is live and ready now! We’re excited to get started and are ready to begin delivery with member groups in April 2022 onwards. You can download a handy summary of the details at the end of this page and get in touch as soon as you’re ready!
Start your group’s Inspire 2022 journey now by getting in touch with Anna Thomas at email@example.com