What is the Youth Scotland Youth Work Support Fund?
The Youth Scotland Youth Work Support Fund has been established to help youth groups and youth workers meet the needs of young people in response to the Covid-19 Coronavirus.
This grant is supported by The Guardian Appeal, The Pears Foundation and UK Youth. The maximum amount available per application is £2,000.
The safety measures, such as restricting group sizes, social distancing and limiting indoor mixing that were put in place during the pandemic has helped keep young people safe. However, we know these circumstances are having a huge impact on young people’s health and wellbeing and place additional burdens on youth work providers. Therefore, the purpose of this fund is to support youth groups and organisations to continue working with young people and provide safe spaces, positive experiences and the support of trusted adults.
Who can apply?
This fund is for Youth Scotland Member groups that meet the criteria below:
- Are based in and work in local communities within Scotland.
- Work with young people aged between 8 to 25 years old who face inequality, discrimination or additional challenges.
- Are experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic or increased delivery.
- Have successfully adapted to the challenges and needs created by the pandemic.
- Plan to spend the grant within 3 months of receiving it.
- Are applying for up to £2,000 - no match funding is required.
- Have an annual turnover of less than £250,000.
- Can provide a bank statement in the name of their youth group into which the funds can be paid.
- Applicants must be Youth Scotland member groups. This is to ensure that all youth groups receiving funds have appropriate quality of operating, governance and safeguarding arrangements in place - see Terms and Conditions.
Further details are available to download below in the Youth Scotland Youth Work Support Fund guidance document.
What will we fund?
What won't we fund?
When are the deadlines? What happens after I apply?
Applications should be received by 21 May 2021.
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and we will notify you whether your application has been successful and release your funds by the end of June 2021.
You can find an application form and application guidance below. The guidance has additional information on the fund and how to apply. If you have any questions, would like to discuss your idea before applying or have challenges completing the application form then please get in touch. We want to help. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org